Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cheap project anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy
Admin

PostSubject: Cheap project anyone?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm selling this on behalf of a friend of mine as it's another of those bikes that's littering up my shed. I need the space for my own projects and to store wood for the coming winter! Very Happy

It's a 1985 Kawasaki Z1100 A-3 , shaft drive with two former keepers.

It has been stored here in a dry shed for the last two years. Victor brought it here because it was leaking slightly from carb no. 2 and he wanted to use my workshop to sort it out. He never did complete it because he bought another bike and here it stayed. It possibly needs a new fuel tap and the float needles sorting out, a new battery and you should have a cheap runner.

The engine was running very sweetly. The recorded mileage is just over 22,000 but this cannot be verified as it is not an original speedo. However, I know it was little used since he bought it in 1999. He has a wife with a Harley Sportster which hasn't yet covered 1000 miles in the last six years!

The brakes aren't seized and both tyres are very good. Front forks are excellent with no pitting or no leaking seals. The bodywork is fine except for a little rust on the tank (shown). The front mudguard is a different colour (?). The seat base has a small split in it which will probably require mending if you wsh to use it two up. The seat lock doesn't work. There is no battery. Both silencers have small scrape marks on the ends them. Currently I don't have the keys for it but have been assured they will be provided soon. I do have the V5.

Overall it's a nice bike for it's age and with a little work could be made into a tidy runner/winter hack. You don't see many of these about too.

Price is £500.00.

Andy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project anyone?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 am

Now sold.

Cheap project anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1